Position Title: Client Liaison
The Helping Out People Everywhere (HOPE) Team is a mobile crisis response team operated by Mind OC which also leads the Be Well Coalition. Under direct supervision of the Manger for the HOPE team, this position provides client support and short-term case management services to residents referred by the HOPE Mobile Response Team. It will also represent Be Well OC and the HOPE Team at community events. Although the HOPE Client Liaison is scheduled Monday through Friday, the position may require participation in events outside of normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
All opportunities are contingent upon successful completion of an extensive law enforcement background investigation as required for access to first responder communication devices and databases. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates professionalism while embodying the Be Well mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients throughout the community, city partners and customers.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within the team and contributes to building a positive culture.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; accepts constructive criticism
- Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Makes recommendations for living environments, therapy, psychiatrist visits, case management and other services based on client need.
- Maintains awareness of community resources and assists clients in appropriate use
- Advocating for clients regarding legal status and rights while still fostering independence
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diverse, multi-cultural populations with the ability to gain trust and build rapport
- Documents and communicates interactions with clients within required databases
- Adheres to HIPAA policy and procedures
- Attend required department meetings and trainings.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance
- A minimum of 2 years in a case management role
- Experience in a behavioral health and/or substance use treatment
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of desktop software
- COVID-19 vaccination or valid exemption
- Bilingual or multilingual; organization is interested in a variety languages and dialects
- Basic knowledge medical and psychiatric terminology
- Familiarity with Orange County resources (behavioral health, substance use, housing, shelter and the like)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed for this position and are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mind OC’s management team reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Send resume to: HOPErecruitment@bewelloc.org. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and Be Well.
Learn more about Be Well OC and see the HOPE team in action - Learn More